Those involved in the New Zealand walnut industry have an opportunity to be part of an exciting new venture. The processing and marketing company A Cracker of a Nut is to be sold. Interested parties in the NZ walnut industry are working together to ensure the long-term viability of the industry by establishing a company to be responsible for processing and marketing into the future.
Suppliers of A Cracker of a Nut were invited to a general meeting where the options were presented and a transitional board elected.
The board was charged with the following –
- commission/undertake the establishment of a legal and capital structure,
- negotiate the purchase of A Cracker of a Nut,
- prepare a prospectus for investment in the new company or co-operative,
- seek sector investment, and
- arrange for the election of a new board to take control by 28 February 2016.
Other responsibilities implied in this are to employ appropriate staff to manage the company and exercise governance responsibility for the company on behalf of shareholders until the election of a new board.
The transitional board will also consider conditions of supply for those who do not wish to invest in the company.
Would you like to register your interest in joining this company? Please download this information and form: New walnut processing and marketing company.